YSA Victorian Chapter
The Victorian chapter of Shipping Australia Limited aims to foster understanding of the maritime industry amongst young Victorian shipping professionals through education and networking events.
- Read about the latest YSA Vic news and events (see below)
- Contact the YSA Vic chapter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patrick Chan, ANL – Chairman
- Carolina Morales, ANL – Treasurer
- Angelo Gnanasigamony, Wallenius Wilhelmsen – Memberships
- Robert Coleman, Thurlestone Shipping
- Marina Kurkina – MSC
- Rachael Hughes – MSC – Marketing & Promotion
- Kieran Page – MSC
- Benjamin Welsh – Patrick
Become a YSA member today:
$60.00 – $75.00 inc. GST
New, or renewed, membership with Young Shipping Australia is valid until 30 June 2019:
|Full YSA Member – $60 per annum
Eligible to employees of Shipping Australia Limited or Maritime Industry Australia Limited members
|Associate YSA Member – $75 per annum
Open to individuals with an interest in the Australian shipping industry (limited to 20% of total number of YSA members)
Members receive discounts to events across Australia and are given preference when attending limited capacity tours. Become part of the YSA network and join other young professionals keeping informed on developments within the shipping industry.
Alternatively, Download the YSA Membership Form 2018-19 and become a YSA member today.
- Friday Social drinks – 16th March
- Roro Presentation – April
- Trivia Night – May
- Crane Simulator – June
- Christmas in – July
- Client Tour
- Social drinks
- Legal talk
- October 2017 – Industry Insight Night read more
- June 2017 – Trivia Night at MSC Melbourne office read more
- May 2017 – VICT Terminal Tour read more
- April 2017 – Barefoot Lawn Bowls at Flagstaff read more
- November 2016 – Christmas Party read more
- November 2016 – Vessel Traffic Control Tower Tour read more
- July 2016 – Christmas in July
- June 2016 – Tugboat Tour read more
- April 2016 – DP World Terminal Tour read more
2015 Events Calendar
Masters with class treat YSA Vic
Expensive damage, legal minefields and a whole lot of money.. no holds were barred the Maritime Law information evening.
YSA Victoria members were treated to three insightful presentations on maritime case law by Victoria’s (and arguably Australia’s) brightest shipping minds on 18 June.
The Holman Fenwick Willan conference rooms hosted a full house on Thursday 18 June with a captured and entertained audience:
- Roy Stanbrook, Port of Melbourne’s Harbour Master provided an overview of a Thames River shipping crisis involving escaped barges and a three-way legal tug of war
- Matthew Harvey, Barrister and President of the Maritime Law Association of Australia and New Zealand – asked members ‘When is a ship not a ship?‘ .. and then baffled us with the answer
- Rob Springall, Partner at Holman Fenwick Willan left member in no doubt about ‘what not to do’ when arranging stowage for expensive cargos.
“After the presentations members had an opportunity to mingle over some refreshments and have further conversations with our guest speakers.” said Simon Gamboni, YSA Victoria Chair.
The Committee thanks Roy, Matthew and Rob for their fine presentations and time at the evening.
Recent YSA News
Read the article on YSA published in the January 2014 edition of the SAL Annual Review read more
To attend more high calibre events like the above, sign up as a Young Shipping Australia member or Associate today, Download the application form here and Get On Board!