Shipping requirements & restrictions at Australian ports; plus international policies
On this page you will find Federal and State Restrictions in regards to Covid-19. You will also find a link to policies from international bodies such as the International Maritime Organization.
Important: Please refer to the Federal restrictions in the first instance and then the State and local Port restrictions which may be more restrictive.
- 03 June 2020 at 10:15 see entry for "State Restrictions - VIC"
- 22 May 2020 at 13:30 see entry for "Federal Restrictions"
- 22 May 2020 at 12:19 see entry for "State Restrictions - SA"
- 21 May 2020 at 14:40 see entry for "State Restrictions - WA"
- 12 May 2020 at 16:14 see entry for "State Restrictions - QLD"
- 11 May 2020 at 15:45 see entry for "International Policies"
National crew change rules: On 09 April, the Prime Minister announced that National Cabinet had agreed that the Australian Government and all States and Territories will implement a consistent and immediate exemption for non-cruise maritime crew to provide for the transiting to and from their places of work, within and across jurisdictions with agreed documentation.
Details of what was agreed by National Cabinet are available here.
As at 05 May, Queensland appears to have aligned with the National Cabinet decision. Otherwise, no significant changes to state or territory restrictions to implement the National Cabinet decision have been made.
These notes must be read together with the State and Territory rules. Some Ports may also have additional requirements/rules.
Covid-19 - State Restrictions - ACT