**This course is currently being upgraded and is not available for enrolment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified when this course will be ready for enrolment**
Chain of Responsibility
Under the Heavy Vehicle National Law, everyone in the transport supply chain has a legal obligation to ensure breaches of road transport laws do not occur. This is called the ‘Chain of Responsibility’.
Chain of Responsibility (CoR) training is essential for employees with control over any heavy vehicle transport task.
About this course
This CoR training course is for operators, owners, managers, schedulers, brokers and freight forwarders, loaders, packers and drivers. It will provide you and your team with a firm understanding of everyone’s responsibilities under the Chain of Responsibility, and the knowledge required to prevent breaches of mass, dimension, loading, speed and fatigue laws from occurring.
This Chain of Responsibility Awareness course is an introduction to Chain of Responsibility regulation and certification and a necessary step toward transport supply chain & logistics compliance.
What is Chain of Responsibility?
An introduction to the Chain of Responsibility concept, where it comes from and those in the transport supply chain who have CoR responsibilities.
Chain of Responsibility Laws
Explains national, state and territory laws and regulations and their enforcement, what penalties may be imposed and the requirements for a ‘reasonable steps’ defence.
What must be managed
Covers potential breaches in heavy vehicle mass, dimension, loading, speed and driver fatigue and what you can do to avoid them.
This topic provides everyone in the transport supply chain with a clear understanding of their responsibilities under CoR and the actions they may take to ensure breaches do not occur.
Chain of Responsibility course fees
$115 for employees of Shipping Australia Limited Member companies
$135 for individuals and non member employees
Prices in Australian Dollars and GST inclusive.
For course enrolment enquiries please complete the form below. We’ll contact you and organise your enrolment. Payment is accepted by direct deposit or by credit card.
Prefer to talk to us?
Please call (02) 9167 5838 to discuss your training requirements.
More about this course
This is an open course; it will be useful for anyone working either in shipping or in an organisation that has a connection with the movement of goods by road and sea.
The Chain of Responsibility course aims to enable participants to:
- Know what the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL) is, it’s purpose, and your duties under it
- Understand what Chain of Responsibility is
- Understand HVNL and Chain of Responsibility legislative requirements (including State and Territory regulations), offences and penalties
- Recognise the role State and Territory authorities play in the management and enforcement of HVNL laws
- Recognise who can be held responsible under Chain of Responsibility
- Know the importance of safe load restraint, appropriate load mass and dimension, and prevention of driver fatigue and speeding
- Identify what must be managed to avoid Chain of Responsibility related road safety breaches
- Understand what action to take if you observe a potential or actual breach of Chain of Responsibility in your transport chain
- Understand specific responsibilities of certain parties in the transport chain.
Certificate of completion
On successful completion of all courses SAL’s Chief Executive recognises the candidate’s achievement with a signed Certificate.
The estimated time to complete this course is 1 hour. The training does not have to be completed in one session, you may return to it as often as you like, the system will bookmark your last page so you are returned directly to where you exited the program.
This course will remain open for 12 months for completion or revision.